Sunday, April 5, 2009

Undivided ...

Hear the word of God:

Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.
Psalm 86:11-12


Undivided! Closeness with God involves moving other things out of the way so we can fully see God. Simplicity is like fasting from the things in your life. Simplifying involves emptying self so we can become hungry for the things that should be the really important things. Getting rid of the distractions allows us to refocus. This is how we remain in the world but not of it.

Undivided! Are you? What if I challenged you to simplify? What is dividing your attention? Between today and Thursday, I would like to ask you to take just one distraction out of your life. What would you choose? We’ll see if anything has happened in your spiritual walk. God bless us all as we try.

Jason

No comments: